Track up to 10 of your favourite stocks
More quick tips…
- Attach exchange codes when entering symbols.
- Use the Update Page link to reload or refresh a page.
- Sort by column heading in Price and Financial Reports.
- Compare up to three stocks or indexes on the same chart.
- Save symbols in your personal Stocklist without using a cookie file.
- View the recent price history for any North American security.
- Use Symbol Lookup to locate a stock or index symbol.
- View a report containing all stocks in a particular index.
Attach exchange codes when entering symbols.
When entering a symbol, you are encouraged to type in an exchange or an index code in order to isolate a single security or index. The exchange codes are as follows: T-Toronto, M-Montreal, X-TSX Venture, D-CDN, N-New York, A-American, Q-Nasdaq, Q2-Nasdaq-OTCBB, I-Index.
If you don't enter the code then a price report will appear containing more than one stock symbol.
Use the Update Page link to reload or refresh a page.
To obtain the latest available price quotes, click the Update link in the top right corner of the report page or Stock Today (quote) page during the trading day (weekdays, 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET) and up to half-an-hour after the markets have closed. Clicking the Refresh or Reload button on your browser will also refresh the page.
Sort by column heading in Price and Financial Reports.
As a default, each financial or price report is sorted in alphabetical order (A to Z) by company name. To change the sort column or the sort order, click on any hyperlinked column heading. Click on a column heading once to sort the data alphabetically or numerically (highest value down to lowest value) by that column. Click again on the column heading to reverse the sort order (Z to A or lowest value down to highest value).
If you have sorted the data on a Detailed Quote report by, say, percentage change, then the same order will carry over to the Price Change ($) report if you click the Price Change ($) tab to view that report.
The power of the sorting feature becomes evident when you are researching or comparing a variety of securities or indexes, such as on a Personal Stocklist or when viewing the results of an Intraday or Historical Price Filter. The sorting feature on the reports enables you to isolate the best or worst performers on the list, and to do comparative studies based on the various price and financial data available on the reports.
Compare up to three stocks or indexes on the same chart.
To create a comparative chart, follow these steps.
- Click Charts on the navigation bar at the top of any page.
- Enter a stock or index symbol with exchange code in the first text box.
- Scroll down to the Optional section.
- Type one or two symbols with exchange codes in the Enter up to Two Additional Symbols text box.
- Click Chart.
Comparative chart results are based on the percentage price change for the securities or indexes for the Time Period specified. All percentage returns are calculated based on simple capital appreciation. Volume numbers and moving averages are shown only for the security or index entered in the first text box in the Chart Generator.
Save symbols in your personal Stocklist outside of a cookie.
To set up a Stocklist without using the "cookie" file on your computer, follow these steps:
- Click Reports on the globeinvestor.com navigation bar at the top of any page.
- Using Option A, enter up to 30 stock or index symbols.
- From the Report pull-down menu, select the report you would like to see when your Stocklist first appears.
- Click Go. The report for your securities is shown.
- Bookmark this report page.
- In Internet Explorer, click Favorites | Add to Favorites | OK.
- In Netscape, click Bookmarks | Add to Bookmarks.
View the recent price history for any North American security.
To view a price history spanning the last 30 trading days, follow these steps.
- On any Price report or Financial report, click a stock or index symbol in the Symbol column. A Stock Today or Index Today report will be shown, with a list of links on the right side.
- Click the Price History link.
Use Symbol Lookup to locate a stock or index symbol.
If you don't know the symbol for the security, but know the name of the company, click Symbol Lookup beside the symbol entry box. Enter a partial name to find a company or index that "Begins with" or "Contains" a match for your entry. Select "Find primary symbol" to search for the company's most frequently traded security. Select "Find all symbols" to view all securities issued by the company.
View a report containing all stocks in a particular index.
- Click Indexes on the navigation bar at the top of any page. The Index Quotes page appears.
- Using Option B, select the index you wish to see a report for from the pull-down list.
- Select the type of report you wish to see from the Report Type pull-down list.
- Click Go. A report for all the stocks in your selected index will be shown.