Track up to 10 of your favourite stocks
Record Buy/Sell Funds
Once you have created a portfolio and added funds, you must tell Globe Portfolio how many units of the fund you own and when you bought them. If you buy or sell units at a later date, these transactions must also be recorded. You do not have to record distributions, Globe Portfolio will add them automatically. Recording transactions is easiest if you have your fund company statements. Here are the steps.
- Choose the fund you want to record the transaction for from the pull-down list beside Select Fund. If the fund is not in the list, click Add a New Fund to add the fund to your portfolio.
- Enter the date of the transaction in the date fields in the format yyyy mm dd. When first setting up your portfolio, you can track your funds from this point forward by using the date and number of units held shown on your most recent fund company statement. Alternatively, if you have kept good records, you can track your fund from the time of purchase if you know the date, number of units and market price at which you first bought the fund.
- Under Amount or # of Units, click the circle beside $ and type the total dollar value of the transaction in the adjacent box OR click the circle beside # Units and type the number of units you purchased or sold in the adjacent box. If you are recording the number of units you own and are entering information as of your most recent statement from the fund company, you would be entering either the number of units you now own OR the total value of your investment in the fund.
- Under Unit Price, click the circle beside Market Price and Globe Portfolio will automatically supply the unit price for the specified date. Globe Portfolio does not have daily prices for all funds prior to December 31, 1997. If your transaction precedes December 31, 1997, you must click the circle beside $ and enter a unit price in order for your portfolio to be tracked accurately to the date you are entering.
- If you are paying any fees for this transaction, either to a broker, financial planner, or fund company, you must enter either a percentage or a dollar value. Remember that for front-end load funds, the fees are charged when you purchase the funds, while for back-end load funds, the fees are paid when you sell funds.
- Click either Buy or Sell depending on the type of transaction you are recording. No real units will be bought or sold. The Confirmation screen will be shown.
- If the details are correct, click Add to my portfolio. If you need to make a change or correction, click your Web browser's Back button.
Get help with…
- I can't find a fund I want to track
- Add A New Fund
- Start Recurring Transaction
- Stop Recurring Transaction
- Record Additional Fees