INFORMATICA WORLD, LAS VEGAS, May 16, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced multiple advances in Informatica 9.5 to make Hadoop enterprise-grade.
Informatica 9.5 unleashes the power of Hadoop with new and expanded capabilities in interoperability, productivity and manageability, enabling customers to increase their return on big data by:
- Expanding interoperability through access to data, including social media data, and the ability to move it into Hadoop in both batch and real-time.
- Increasing productivity through the ability to design data integration tasks and workflows graphically in Informatica, and then deploy and run them natively on Hadoop
- Improving manageability of all enterprise data, including data in Hadoop, by leveraging a common data integration platform
"Hadoop cannot exist as an island in IT. For Hadoop to cross the chasm and become a mainstream technology, customers need the ability to manage Hadoop as part of their larger IT environment, reuse their development skills, assets and data with Hadoop, and govern all data comprehensively," said James Markarian, chief technology officer, Informatica. "Informatica 9.5 gives organizations the interoperability, productivity and manageability they need to quickly adopt Hadoop and maximize their return on big data."
Expanded Interoperability with Access to Social Data, and near real-time ingestion for Hadoop
As social computing continues its meteoric rise, many companies are moving to harness social data to gain better insights into customers and markets. Informatica 9.5 delivers expands social data integration to help capture social data, and move data at any latency into Hadoop using batch, streaming or replication. New capabilities include:
- Greater connectivity to social data -Informatica 9.5 introduces Twitter streaming support and a streaming API for incoming RSS, ATOM or other web feed protocols.
- Near real-time data replication into Hadoop - Informatica 9.5 delivers Informatica Fast Clone and Data Replication HDFS support for high volume snapshot and near real-time data replication of data into Hadoop.
Increased Productivity by Designing in Informatica and Running Natively on Hadoop
Informatica 9.5 furthers the ability of organizations to integrate and govern all their data using a common data integration platform. Central to this is the ability to design data integration key tasks in Informatica HParser and then run them natively on Hadoop without coding.
To this end, Informatica 9.5 introduces new enhancements to Informatica HParser for big data parsing including:
- Expanded support for data interchange and serialization formats through Protobuf - With Informatica 9.5, customers can now also perform native Google Protobuf parsing and transformation on Hadoop with Informatica HParser.
More productivity gains will be delivered by new Hadoop-native functionality available through beta programs beginning in July, with general availability expected in Q4 2012:
- Native Hadoop support for data discovery, data integration and data cleansing.
- Natural language processing (NLP) on Hadoop for enhanced social data processing and analytics.
- Social data identification and resolution on Hadoop to correlate entities and enrich master data.
Improved Manageability of All Data through a Common Data Integration Platform
Companies cannot take full advantage of Hadoop without having enterprise-grade management abilities. Informatica 9.5 brings the power of Informatica's manageability to Hadoop, including:
- Policy-based data archiving to Hadoop to reduce the costs of storage and regulatory compliance, and open up the rich history of company information for new insights.
- Mixed workload support for developing, deploying, monitoring and managing Hadoop and non-Hadoop jobs together in a hybrid IT environment, available as part of the beta program.
Tweet this : #Informatica 9.5 Advances in #BigData Processing Knock Down Barriers to Mainstream #Hadoop Adoption http://bit.ly/K0j4H6 #IW2012
- Informatica 9.5 social media news release
- Customers and Partners Support Informatica 9.5
- Informatica big data Inforgraphic
- The story of return on data animation video
- Informatica Marketplace Big Data Mall
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integrationsoftware. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter, Informatica Platform, and Informatica HParser are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on assumptions regarding Informatica's product release. However, these statements are not guarantees of the availability, which may be delayed or cancelled. The development, release and timing of any Informatica product described in this document remain at the sole discretion of Informatica and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision. This document is provided for information purposes only. Statements made regarding product and packaging and future functionality are based on current available information, which is subject to change. Such statements should not be relied upon as a representation, warranty or commitment to deliver specific products or functionality in the future. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially from the results described in this press release. More information about potential risks and uncertainties that could affect Informatica's business and products are included under the caption "Risk Factors" in Informatica's report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31 2012, which are on file with the SEC and are available on the Company's investor relations website at http://www.informatica.com/. All information provided in this release is as of May 16 2012 and Informatica undertakes no duty to update this information.
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 firstname.lastname@example.org Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 email@example.com