INFORMATICA WORLD, LAS VEGAS, May 15, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced the latest release of the Informatica Platform, Informatica 9.5, designed to maximize customers' return on big data.
"The drive toward cloud, social and mobile computing is fueling the unrelenting rise of big data, with data expected to grow globally by as much as 44 times over the next year alone," said Girish Pancha, executive vice president and chief product officer, Informatica. "When harnessed, big data can deliver exceptional business value. But if not managed correctly, it can also present titanic costs and compliance risks. Informatica 9.5 enables companies to increase the value of big data while reducing the costs to maximize return on big data."
Big data is a confluence of three related but distinct technology trends: big transaction data, big interaction data and big data processing. Each trend represents breakthrough innovations and promising potential. Now, as the combination of all these innovations, big data opens up tremendous new possibilities. Informatica 9.5 introduces major advances in helping enterprises realize the full benefit of big data in the following ways:
Increasing the business value of data
Data is the key to driving competitive advantage and big data can power a proportionally big advantage. Informatica 9.5 helps customers increase the value of data by making it:
- Accessible - The first visual data transformation environment optimized for Hadoop, Informatica HParser makes complex data types available to the business.
- Actionable - Proactive monitoring correlates real-time event streams to identify patterns of interest and provides actionable alerts to help maximize business opportunities, minimize risk and ensure governance.
- Authoritative - Data timeline tracks changes to data over a period of time to provide a four dimensional view of customers, partners and products.
- Holistic - Providing a single environment for data integration and data federation, data virtualization integrates existing enterprise and big data in days versus months, delivering new insights so organizations can take action.
- Relevant - Embeddable cloud service enables any cloud application to rapidly and dynamically embed relevant business data.
- Secure - Pervasive data privacy protects sensitive data no matter where, how and by whom it is used, with a single solution combining both persistent data masking and dynamic data masking, to reduce risk.
- Timely - Leveraging a broker-less messaging architecture integrated with real-time data replication and integration, data streaming delivers big data transactions efficiently to applications and analytics environments to maintain an edge on competitors.
- Trustworthy - Comprehensive data governance delivers consistent and accurate data with new data stewardship workflows to inspire business confidence.
Lowering the cost of data
Lean principles are more valid than ever in the era of big data and are critical to keeping big data from becoming a big liability. Informatica 9.5 enables organizations to embrace lean data management in order to reduce the costs of data, including:
- Business Costs - Data validation helps companies avoid making bad business decisions by identifying data integration errors.
- Hardware Costs - Hadoop MapReduce processing of data integration transformations, mappings and rules accelerates adoption of low-cost, big data computing platforms to reduce hardware spend.
- Data discovery automates the discovery of business entities and sensitive data to increase developer productivity.
- Software Costs - Hybrid IT platform enables organizations to capture the economic and self-service benefits of cloud while cost-effectively retaining governance and control over all data, whether on-premise or in the cloud.
- Storage Costs - Smart partition archiving, unified with tiering and archiving, proactively manages data growth, improving application performance and reducing infrastructure costs for relational data and database appliances.
"Big data is a mandate to get better at information governance which has been a concern for many organizations that have struggled with managing their data," said Ted Friedman, Vice President, Gartner.
Realizing the promise of big data
The promise of big data lies in its ability to drive competitive advantage, new business productivity and new revenues and profits. Informatica 9.5 helps organizations successfully address all aspects of the three big data megatrends:
- Big data processing - Unified visual IDE for Hadoop empowers developers who are not expert in Hadoop to create business logic and deploy it to Hadoop using an intuitive and familiar visual development environment; Hadoop-native transforms accelerate development of complex data transformations and thus time-to-business value for Hadoop developers.
- Big interaction data - Social MDM integrates social customer profiles with existing customer master data to increase customer retention and share of wallet.
- Big transaction data - Universal Data Replication, Ultra Messaging and PowerExchange deliver transaction data to Hadoop to lower processing costs.
Informatica 9.5 will be available in June 2012. Informatica 9.5.1 is expected to be available in Q4 2012.
- Customers and Partners Support Informatica 9.5
- Informatica big data Inforgraphic
- Informatica 9.5 social media news release
- The story of return on data animation video
Informatica Marketplace Big Data Mall
Informatica Corporation (NASDAQ: INFA) is the world's number one independent provider of data integrationsoftware. Organizations around the world rely on Informatica for maximizing return on data to drive their top business imperatives. Worldwide, nearly 5,000 enterprises depend on Informatica to fully leverage their information assets residing on-premise, in the Cloud and across social networks. For more information, call +1 650-385-5000 (1-800-653-3871 in the U.S.), or visit www.informatica.com. Connect with Informatica at http://www.facebook.com/InformaticaCorporation, http://www.linkedin.com/company/informatica and http://twitter.com/InformaticaCorp.
Note: Informatica, PowerCenter, Informatica Platform and Informatica HParser are trademarks or registered trademarks of Informatica Corporation in the United States and in jurisdictions throughout the world. All other company and product names may be trade names or trademarks of their respective owners.
This press release contains forward-looking statements that are based on assumptions regarding Informatica's product release. However, these statements are not guarantees of the availability, which may be delayed or cancelled. The development, release and timing of any Informatica product described in this document remain at the sole discretion of Informatica and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision. This document is provided for information purposes only. Statements made regarding product and packaging and future functionality are based on current available information, which is subject to change. Such statements should not be relied upon as a representation, warranty or commitment to deliver specific products or functionality in the future. Such statements involve risks and uncertainties, and actual results may differ materially from the results described in this press release. More information about potential risks and uncertainties that could affect Informatica's business and products are included under the caption "Risk Factors" in Informatica's report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended March 31 2012, which are on file with the SEC and are available on the Company's investor relations website at http://www.informatica.com/. All information provided in this release is as of May 15 2012 and Informatica undertakes no duty to update this information.
 Worldwide Big Data Technology and Services 2012-2015 Forecast (IDC #233485)
CONTACT: Deborah Wiltshire Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5360 mobile/+1 650 862 8186 email@example.com Shira Frantzich Informatica Corporation +1 650 385 5674 firstname.lastname@example.org