NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- ALLIANCE CONFERENCE -- Colleges and universities throughout the U.S. are now able to run more efficiently thanks to CIBER's expertise with Oracle solutions. Over the course of this year's Alliance Conference in Nashville, CIBER showcased recent wins and successful projects, as well as mobility solutions, reporting and analytics applications, online admissions software, plus cloud computing and managed services.
CIBER completed several major implementations and upgrade projects over the last year. Among them:
- A large state school in New England picked CIBER to overhaul its systems with an Oracle's PeopleSoft Campus Solutions implementation. The three-year project wrapped up in December and will support the school's aggressive goals of increasing student, faculty and staff numbers some 40 percent by 2020.
- A state school in the deep South had CIBER implement the full suite of PeopleSoft applications. To accommodate the school's budgetary and timeline constraints, the CIBER team completed the PeopleSoft Applications Portal, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and PeopleSoft Financial Management portions of the project in two years, and deployed PeopleSoft Human Capital Management the following year.
- An elite private institution hired CIBER to manage an upgrade of the Oracle E-Business Suite.
- A large California community college chose CIBER for its installation of PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and the Oracle E-Business Suite Human Capital Management. The project enabled a significant improvement in efficiency by streamlining processes and supporting self-service capabilities for students. CIBER also created add-on applications. One automates admissions processes for international students, and another provides a tool for academic advisors to evaluate student coursework to date and chart an education plan that a student can follow.
- One of Ohio's top universities selected CIBER for a complex, multi-year PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Analytics implementation and presented highlights of various CIBER solutions at the tradeshow.
- Two East Coast public universities chose CIBER for upgrades. At one state school, CIBER delivered a PeopleSoft Human Capital Management upgrade. At another, the CIBER team finished a PeopleSoft PeopleTools upgrade and continues to provide cost-efficient, remote support for a PeopleSoft Applications Portal upgrade.
Along with the above implementations and upgrades, CIBER:
Won a project to enhance online admissions for a Southwestern university: Thanks to CIBER, the school will no longer need to juggle the multiple systems managed by different vendors that provide online admissions services for undergraduates, graduate students, international applicants and those seeking continuing education. CIBER's solution can bring all the online admissions capabilities together in one system that integrates with the university's student system. The solution will give the school more control over the applications, allow it to capture important applicant data and help reduce time and cost during system updates.
Enabled an Iowa university to better target prospective students: With CIBER's help and PeopleSoft Customer Relationship Management 9.1, the school now can use PeopleSoft queries to efficiently pinpoint and effectively reach out to specific student audiences via telesales and email communications.
Attendees of this year's Alliance Conference had the opportunity to learn about these projects and more by visiting CIBER at booth number 200. CIBER consultants were onsite to discuss:
- Mobile Solutions: CIBER offers a Mobile Student Grades app that pushes grades out to students, and a Mobile Student Bill app and a Mobile Financial Aid app, both of which can give students instant notification of vital school-related financial information. In addition, a Mobile Schedule of Classes puts course schedules, instructors and class locations on the student's phone, plus a Mobile Parking Locator can help students get to class on time. For school faculty and staff, CIBER has a Mobile Time and Expense Entry and Approval app that allows people to enter expense data, including project codes, via a mobile device.
- State Effort Reporting Solutions: Institutions that receive public funding are required to report a large amount of data to the state. CIBER's State Effort Reporting solution can integrate with student and human resources applications to automate and streamline the process of creating those mandatory reports.
- Business Intelligence and Analytics: CIBER's Higher Education Analytics solution offers a complete, strategic view of operations and initiatives, and eliminates information "silos." This best-practice and "packaged" approach to Business Intelligence (BI) provides the pre-built content and ad hoc reporting capabilities to help institutions make informed strategic decisions, regardless of whether the business need is to monitor historical trends or conduct sophisticated forecasting.
- Cloud Solutions: CIBER's cloud solutions provide value, flexibility and reliability within a secure, compliant environment. They can be implemented quickly and cost-effectively to help clients save time and capital investments.
A Platinum level member of Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN), CIBER has helped more than 1,000 clients in more than 2,000 separate engagements leverage their Oracle Applications to improve business processes, reduce costs and provide support for management decision-making.
About CIBER, Inc. CIBER, Inc. is a global information technology consulting, services and outsourcing company applying practical innovation through services and solutions that deliver tangible results for both commercial and government clients. Services include application development and management, ERP implementation, change management, project management, systems integration, infrastructure management and end-user computing, as well as strategic business and technology consulting. Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, CIBER has more than 7,400 employees and operates in 18 countries, serving clients in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. Annual revenue in 2011 was $1 billion. CIBER trades on the New York Stock exchange (NYSE: CBR), and is included in the Russell 2000 Index and the S&P Small Cap 600 Index. For more information, visit www.ciber.com.
TrademarksOracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
SOURCE CIBER, Inc.
For further information: Jon Lentz, Media Relations of CIBER, +1-303-220-0100, firstname.lastname@example.org