Skip navigation

Breaking News

Taylor Devices Announces Strong Second Quarter and Six Month Results

10:00 EST Thursday, January 12, 2012

NORTH TONAWANDA, N.Y., Jan. 12, 2012  /PRNewswire/ -- Taylor Devices, Inc.  (NASDAQ SmallCap: TAYD) announced today that it had 2nd quarter sales of $6,781,754, up significantly from last year's 2nd quarter sales of $4,525,002.   Sales for the 1st six months were $11,354,456, also up from last year's sales of $8,801,825.

Net earnings for the 2nd quarter were $413,741, up sharply from last year's 2nd quarter earnings of $122,975.  Net earnings for the 1st six months were $821,858, also up substantially from last year's earnings of $307,613.

"Our firm order backlog is now at a record $25 million; last year at this time it was $13 million.  The product mix for this backlog is now approximately 19% aerospace/military with the remaining 81% comprised of commercial/seismic orders," stated Douglas P. Taylor, President.  He concluded, "We are self funding a multi-year expansion plan that will more than double the Company's manufacturing space by the end of 2013."

Taylor Devices, Inc. is a 57-year-old company engaged in the design, development, manufacture & marketing of shock absorption, rate control and energy storage devices for use in various types of vehicles, machinery, equipment & structures.  The company continues to achieve growth in the developing seismic protection field and in the isolation of wind-induced vibrations.

2nd Quarter  (3 months ended 11/30/11 & 11/30/10)

F/Y 12

F/Y 11

 

 

 

Sales                                                                     

$6,781,754

$4,525,002

 

 

 

Net Earnings                                                          

$   413,741

$  122,975

 

 

 

Earnings per Share                                               

$          .13

$          .04

 

 

 

Shares Outstanding                                               

3,233,056

3,229,971

 

 

 

Six Months (6 months ended 11/30/11 & 11/30/10)  

F/Y 12

F/Y 11

 

 

 

Sales                                                                     

$11,354,456

$8,801,825

 

 

 

Net Earnings                                                          

$    821,858

$   307,613

 

 

 

Earnings per Share                                               

$           .25

$           .10

 

 

 

Shares Outstanding                                                 

3,237,093

3,229,971

 

Taylor's website can be visited at:  www.taylordevices.com

 

Taylor Devices, Inc.

 

Contact: 

Artie Regan

 

Regan & Associates, Inc.

 

(212) 587-3005 (phone)

 

(212) 587-3006 (fax)

 

info@reganproxy.com

SOURCE Taylor Devices, Inc.




Back to top