AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwire - September 16, 2011) - Monitoring the availability and performance of applications and servers is crucial to the health of today's IT infrastructure. SolarWinds(R) Inc. (NYSE: SWI), a leading provider of powerful and affordable IT management software, today announced the availability of the latest release of its application performance monitoring product, SolarWinds Application Performance Monitor (APM).
SolarWinds first launched Application Performance Monitor in January to provide systems administrators with visibility into the performance of critical IT services, the underlying application components, the operating system, and the Windows, Unix and Linux server resources on which they run at a reasonable price.
New Features and Enhancements</b>
- Monitoring capability for Java-based applications including Apache Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish, WebSphere, WebLogic, and more with JMX MBean monitors
- Runs Nagios scripts natively, with no conversion required
- Integrates with Synthetic End User Monitor to proactively monitor web applications
- Includes new and updated out-of-the-box Expert Templates for over a dozen commonly monitored applications
- Supports complex scripts that return multiple values
- Multi-value charts provide the ability to graph multiple values in a single chart to show trending in a single pane
- Data transforms allow you to perform mathematical operations on statistical values before display, reporting, and storage
- Enhanced Performance and User Interface
- NEW Blog Post: APM 4.2 - You Asked, We Delivered
- Video: SolarWinds Application Performance Monitor: Head Geek's Tour - Jan. 2011
- Video: Real Geeks on SolarWinds Application Performance Monitor - Jan. 2011
- Press Release: Application Performance Monitor - Jan. 2011
- Press Release: Synthetic End User Monitor - Aug. 2011
Pricing and Availability
</b>SolarWinds Application Performance Monitor is available now and pricing starts at $2,495, with the first year of maintenance included. For more information, visit the SolarWinds website, download a free 30-day evaluation, or call 866.530.8100.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to customers worldwide -- from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. We work to put our users first and remove the obstacles that have become "status quo" in traditional enterprise software. SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to address users' management priorities. Our online user community, thwack, is a gathering-place where tens of thousands of IT pros solve problems, share technology, and participate in product development for all of SolarWinds' products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com.
SolarWinds, SolarWinds.com, and Orion are registered trademarks of SolarWinds. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Tiffany Nels MEDIA CONTACT: SolarWinds Phone: 512.682.9545 email@example.com