About Record Dividend: Globe Portfolio automatically records dividends in your portfolio as they occur. You can view the dividends that have been added to your portfolio by clicking View/Edit/Delete Transactions - Stocks on the Globe Portfolio Menu page.
There are two cases in which dividends should be entered manually.
- Dividends occurring before December 31, 1998: Globe Portfolio does not have dividend data prior to December 31, 1998. To track stocks prior to December 31, 1998, dividends occurring prior to that date should be entered manually.
- Special dividends: Some stocks pay dividends in shares of another stock. To record such a dividend in your portfolio, calculate the cash value of the dividend and record the dividend as a cash dividend using the steps below.
To record a dividend, follow these steps. Recording dividends is easiest if you have your statements from your broker.
- Choose the stock you want to record the dividend for from the pull-down list beside Select Stock.
- Enter the payment date of the dividend in the date fields in the format yyyy mm dd.
- Under Payment Amount, click the circle beside Total Amount $ and type the total dollar value of the dividend in the adjacent box OR click the circle beside Per Share Amount $ and type the per share amount of the dividend in the adjacent box.
- Click Go. The Confirmation screen will be shown.
- If the details are correct, click Confirm this Transaction. If you need to make a change or correction, click your Web browser's Back button.