Record Buy/Sell - Other Investments
About Record Buy/Sell-Other Investments: In addition to stocks and mutual funds, you can track Other Investments with Globe Portfolio. For instance, you may wish to track foreign stocks, bonds or real estate.
Use this page to record the initial market value of the asset and to record any subsequent buy or sell transactions associated with the asset. Follow these steps.
- Choose the asset you wish to add the transaction for from the pull-down list beside Select Investment. If the asset is not in the list, click Add New Other Investments to add the investment to your portfolio.
- Enter the date of the transaction in the date fields in the format yyyy mm dd.
- Under Units, enter the number of units of the investment. In most cases (for example, a bond or real estate), the default entry of "1" applies. If you are tracking foreign stocks, however, enter the number of units owned.
- Under Price, click the circle beside Total Value and enter the total value of the investment in dollars OR click the circle beside Unit Price and enter the price per unit of the investment.
- If you are paying any fees for this transaction, you must enter either a percentage or a dollar value.
- Click either Buy or Sell depending on the type of transaction you are entering. No real units will be bought or sold. The Confirmation screen will be shown.
- If the transaction is correct, click Confirm this Transaction. To correct or change the transaction, click your Web browser's Back button.
A confirmation screen will appear. If the transaction looks correct, click Confirm Transaction. To make corrections, click Back on your Web browser's menu bar.