About Record Income/Expense: When tracking an "other asset," use this screen to record income and expenses associated with the asset. Income may include dividends or interest if you are tracking bonds, or rent received if you are tracking a rental property. Expenses may include brokerage fees if you are tracking bonds. To record income or an expense, follow these steps.
- Choose the asset for which you wish to record the income or expense from the pull-down list beside Select Other Asset.
- Enter the date of the transaction in the date fields in the format yyyy mm dd.
- Under Income, enter the dollar amount of the income.
- Under Expense, enter the dollar amount of the expense. You can record either income or expense or both for the transaction date entered in step 2. If you record both income and expense on a single transaction date, the transaction report will show the net value of the transaction.
- Click Update. The Confirmation screen will be shown.
- If the transaction is correct, click Confirm this Transaction. To correct or change the transaction, click your Web browser's Back button.
A confirmation screen will appear. If the transaction looks correct, click Confirm Transaction. To make corrections, click Back on your Web browser's menu bar.